Thursday, October 22, 2015

Noteworthy Global History Assignments

The history class the girls are taking has some interesting assignments.  Over the summer they had a project to do.  I have to confess I was a bit disgruntled that there was a history project to do but no required reading.  I still think they should have several options to choose from but read a book or two over the summer for school.

Back to History, for the summer project they needed a journal.  I don't recall the details but I believe they needed 5+ entries writing as though they were the archaeologist or person making the discovery and a project to go with it.

Jessica's project was Mayan Hieroglyphics. She had several pieces that she made.  She used a paper that showed the hieroglyphics and etched them into the clay.  I must admit that I was very surprised by the style of the hieroglyphics.  She spent hours making these pieces.



Stephanie's project was Queen Hatshepsut.  I like the painting she did on the "walls".  She made the mummy by mixing some water with glue, strips of fabric and a barbie doll from the dollar store.




Another interesting assignment they had was to make posts using social media. Jessica chose Instagram.  The fortunate thing is I had a template for Instagram so she was able to create realistic looking posts easily.  A few of my favorite posts she prepared.






Stephanie tweeted.  Her "posts" looked like what you would see on Twitter as well.  She did it on another computer so I'm just sharing a few of my favorite things she wrote, not the actual assignment she put together.


Got my first necklace that is actually made out of gold instead of copper.  #bling #futuremuseumpiece

Just got a job to work on the pyramid.  #blessed #thankugods

Queen Hatshepsut . . . or should I say Pharaoh Hatshepsut is doing great!  #hatshepsutalltheway

Sleeping and tanning on the roof. haha #toohotinmyhouse #mudhouseprobs
post signature