Thursday, June 26, 2014

Arrow of Light

Since our ward split in September we haven't had Webelos den leaders.  I filled in from October through June.  It got to be the end of April and I told a member of the Bishopric to hold off on calling someone.  At that point we only had a few meetings left and I had 5 of 6 Webelos on track for earning the Arrow of Light award.  The boys had to work on two activity badges at home.  The rest we did in our meetings and they had homework almost every week in order to finish.

These are the awards that I (with the help of Rad and the Scoutmaster in the other ward) made for the boys to be presented at the Pack Mtg./Court of Honor.  We combined the meeting that night so the Cubs could hear about the Troops experience with summer camp.  The blue tabs on the arrows below are post-it that I wrote names on in case the arrow was separated during transportation.
Rad cut my wood into 2' lengths, cut the dowels so I could make grooves to hold the arrows and he drilled the boards to hold the pegs.  Allen routed the edges after I cut them to have rounded ends.  The rest I got to do and I'm delighted with how they turned out.

This is Alex (below).  Every so often I would hear of things he said that just made my heart happy.  He would want to be at our meetings because he knew I would be moving this summer and he wanted as much time with me as possible.  What a sweetie.

I'm so happy they finished.  They basically have 2 months off from den meetings in the summer and by the time someone is called and gets a grip on the program and how it works these boys would be moving on to 11 yr. old Scouts starting in September.

post signature