Monday, July 9, 2012

Popsicle Stain

Back in the 3rd Grade, Jessica's class was given a popsicle toward the end of the school day.  Jessica decided to save hers for when she got home.  Needless to say, it melted.  I wasn't there when she took it out of her backpack in her bedroom, but the result was it dripped on the rug.  I had no idea until the stain was set in the rug.

I've tried lots of methods to get it out over the years but didn't succeed too much, other than lightening it a little. The most recent method, which I got off of Pinterest, suggested mixing equal parts of ammonia and water, using a white towel on the spot and ironing it.  The stain above was after I did it once or twice.  The picture below shows what it was after 5 treatments.  I read later on another blog later, the same idea but to use hot water.  I'll have to try some more.  There is hope I will get this up.
post signature